Photo Gallery
Snow and Ice Storm Causes Numerous Incidents - in Cochranville
Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Due to the snow and ice storm that hit our area February 5th - February 7th, the Cochranville Fire Company had numerous incidents to respond to. Most of the incidents were caused because of wires and poles down and most of the town being without power for multiple days. Of those incidents were 25 fire calls and 3 QRS calls. Of the 25 fire calls were working garage, chimney, and dwelling fires. 2/5/14 at 0911 hours, the Cochranville Fire Company was alerted for a garage fire on the 4400 block of Glenville Road in Upper Oxford Township. Units from the Union Fire Company #1 of Oxford, Bart Township Fire Company and West Grove Fire Company assisted during this incident. This incident had wires down and the whole house was still charged with electric when we arrived. Due to this problem, the fire companies on scene had to wait until PECO arrived to shut off the power before getting closer to the garages and putting out the fire. PECO finally arrived on scene at 1130 hours. By 1206 hours, the fire companies were able to gain entry into the garages and extinguish the fire. The fire was placed under control at 1233 hours. All units returned available by 1312 hours. 2/6/14 at 1800 hours, the Cochranville Fire Company along with the West Grove Fire Companies and the Union Fire Company #1 of Oxford were alerted for a mobile home fire in Londonderry Court. This fire was placed under control at 1840 hours and all units returned available by 1953 hours. **A Few Fire Safety Tips to Remember** - Please remember to make sure you have smoke detectors and CO alarms (if needed) AND that they are working properly. - Generators should be operated in well ventilated locations outdoors away from all doors, windows and vent openings. - Do not overload your generator or regular home outlets with too many extension cords or multiple devices. Only plug in what is needed. - Make sure that all lit candles are not left unattended. - Do not place anything that can burn too close to a portable heater.

Views: 81

Views: 89

Views: 116

Views: 99

Views: 99

Views: 99

Views: 106

Views: 111

Views: 103

Views: 98

Views: 93

Views: 104

Views: 102

Views: 117

Views: 97

Views: 99

Views: 98

Views: 79